Although I have always been pretty organised, to the point I like to organise everyone around me! I thought I would share some of my tips to help you in life and more importantly in college.
- Attitude: Nothing beats a positive attitude. I know it can be hard sometimes but it makes such a difference when you need to tackle something such as those chores or a college assignment.
- Planner: Get yourself a planner (I use a filofax) It will keep you so organised and the prettier the better.
- Use your planner: There is not point having one if you are not going to use it . Do you want to see a planner blog post next? Comment below!
- To Do List: I write these on a hourly, daily, weekly basis! I am obsessed and I have a rule that if I write it down I have to do it. To Do lists just keep you focused.
- Sundays: Before the week starts I like to sit down and plan my week see whats coming up, what I want to achieve. You can be as quick or slow at this as you like. When I know what I have to do for the week it focuses me and I don’t have to check my planner as much.
- Make an Assignment List: I do this at the start of every semesters at the end of week one when you know what assignments are due and when. I just open a word document and write out all my assignment and when they are due and then I re-orgainse them into date order. I also put tick boxes along the side! Nothing better than ticking off tasks!
- Morning Routine: Try to get up at the same time every morning even on the weekends. I try to get up between 6:30/7.
- Yoga: I have always loved yoga but now that I am practicing it everyday. I have noticed such a huge difference in myself! and not just the fact I can now touch my toes without screaming! Yoga not only stretches out your body, it relaxes you by just giving you some me time! I can’t imagine my mornings without it now!
- Figure out your most productive time: I know that I get nothing done between 3-5. I just have no focus at this time so I tend to do more “doing” tasks such as cleaning my room or relaxing. Its only two hours out of your day so I wouldn’t stress if you know you don’t work at this time. My most productive time is 8-11am and 6:30-9:30pm. I tend to do most of my college work during these hours
- Clean Desk Clean Mind: I am a huge believer in having a clean clutter free desk, I clean it after every task by putting these away just 5 minutes of doing this makes a huge difference.
Those are my ten tips. I hope you enjoy this type of blogpost and it comes in useful. Tweet me @laurenaalice if you liked it and want to see more! You can also tweet me your tips because I love to hear them! I know this is a little different to normal but I love these type of blog posts.
Happy Sunday x